Wednesday, December 1, 2010

BABY GEAR!


I've sort of figured out that I can't really buy ANYTHING until I know how old Arthur is. It is killing me!! I have all this time to get ready and make decisions, but alas, all I can really do is stare at his cute curtains. The other day I decided to do some dream shopping online. I picked out things that I would potentially need for a baby 6 months or older. It was really fun and relieved some of my frustration even though I didn't purchase anything. I felt more prepared in a way... until I started asking other moms about this stuff! ha! For the most part, my mommy friends have been very awesome and have helped me sort through some things, but I have definitely learned that every mom is different. Every baby is different. And I can listen to all kinds of different opinions, but at the end of the day it's going to be me and Aaron and Arthur trying different things and figuring out what works for us :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I have "pretend registered" on Babys R Us or Target!

    It's SO HARD to wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to start doing gear recommendations on our blog, so we will have ideas for you! One thing I would recommend is choosing a stroller that will allow Arthur to face you. Great for bonding and just reassurance that you are right there. I don't think Z would do anything but cry in a stroller that doesn't allow her to see us. Also, she likes to hold my hand while we are strolling sometimes, which, come ON. Is that not the best and sweetest thing ever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of online 'dream' shopping. we are also adopting and have no idea how old the child(dren??) will be. exciting- but with the potential to cause anxiety for this planner.

    ReplyDelete