Thursday, December 12, 2013

MEET THE YARBROUGHS!

The Yarbrough's decision to adopt was met with undeniable confirmation! I love hearing about the different ways that God speaks to His people. Read about how God used the sweet voice of a two-year-old in their story. Shop Love is Waiting this week and support this beautiful family! 


"Has God ever laid a verse on your heart?  One you can’t get out of your head?  One that pops up in everything you read?  I hope so.  Lately Ephesians 3:20-21 seems to be written on my heart.   “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory…”

God has done for me abundantly more than I could ask or imagine.  I spent my twenties longing for a family.  I felt God’s nudging all those years telling me to wait on him.  His abundantly more for me has come to life with Chad and our daughter, Campbell.  They are truly more than I could have hoped for or dreamed of.   God is blessing me and sanctifying me through them in ways I never anticipated.   I thank God for them everyday.

And now, I’m back in a season of anticipation.  In February 2013 I told Chad I felt God was about to do something big in our family.  We spent a lot of time in prayer asking God to prepare us for whatever he had in store for us.  I had a couple of guesses, but God had something abundantly more planned- to Him be the glory!  Exactly a month later we attended an informational meeting about adoption.  Adoption was something we had previously discussed very loosely.  We agreed God was going to have to make it very clear if that was the path he had chosen for us because, up until that day, we had not felt “the call”.  Chad agreed to go to the meeting with me so we could be better informed IF we decided to adopt somewhere down the line.  We came home from the meeting and chatted briefly about it over lunch.  I felt pretty strongly God was stirring something in my heart, but wondered if Chad and I were on the same page.  I put Campbell down for a nap and Chad left for a run.  When he came back he said, “let’s do it”.  I panicked.  This was coming from my husband who doesn’t decide on ANY thing without research, research and more research.  We both realized God was leading us to adopt.  God spoke clearly to us through a friend who made the comment that to be “PRO-life” really ought to mean more than politics.  It ought to mean we are FOR the least of these including birth moms who are unable to parent and their children who need a family.  That conversation led us to decide on an open, domestic adoption.  

When we told our families of our decision, both of our moms said they already knew that’s where God was leading us.  What confirmation from the Lord!  We continue to see God confirming this calling through others, financial provision and our sweet Campbell who kept saying, “I EXCITED!” the day we mailed in our paperwork even though she had no way of knowing what was going on.  It was also the first day she added the word excited to her little two year old vocabulary.

We hope to be finished with our training and home study by March, at which time we will be waiting for a birth mom to select our family.  Your prayers for our child and his or her birth family would be greatly appreciated!  Your support and prayers are such a precious part of the love story God is writing for our child.  Thank you!

With love~ Chad + Cris + Campbell"

1 comment:

  1. There is not a more deserving family! There is a child somewhere who will be so incredibly blessed to have such amazing parents! Congrats my sweet friend! I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete