Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WELL GUYS...


...It's time to get real! I just want you guys to know that things are not looking good. Five families (that we know of) now have gotten news from the US Embassy that there is insufficient evidence to move forward with their adoption at this time. The cases are being forwarded to another government entity and the families were told that they will be notified again in 1-2 months after the case has been reviewed. This is happening across all agencies. I keep reminding myself that while this is a crazy mess... the ultimate goal is to insure that no unethical adoptions go through the system! And if any of these kids were put into this system by unethical means, I pray that they are uncovered and that those children can go back to their birth families!

We still have not been submitted to the US Embassy, but we definitely have common links with some of the families who are getting this news, so I would guess that we are in the same boat. And somehow the Lord is giving me tremendous strength and peace about it! 

I feel like my trust has grown and it goes so much deeper now! Before I would set limits to my trust... I would set out timelines for how long my trust would last. Week after week I would pray and hope that good news would come and if it didn't, I felt like God had not been faithful... but really it was just that my faith and trust was conditional on a timeline. I thought that one more week was all I could bear. I'm finding out that my trust can go beyond a timeline! What an amazing thing God has done in my heart. No matter how long this takes or how it ends, this will remain true...

11 comments:

  1. oh heather. great perspective. there is a reason that God is writing the story and not you...he knows where it all leads, he knows what you need, he knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying. We know God is faithful. We know he does all things for his glory and for the good of those who love him. We know in two days, two months, and two years, Arthur will be your son (wherever he is). Praying the Lord changes hearts and minds while ensuring all his children are safely and ethically provided homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difficult journey you have been on Heather and Aaron and yet, how amazing that through this God remains faithful to you and to your sweet Arthur. Only the God of the Universe can use something difficult to grow something beautiful in our lives. This becomes part of your (his)story and God is in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I have been known to do the same. Putting time limits on things. I feel scarred right now too but I just can't believe that God does not want these children to be home as much as we do. Keep sending Arthur all your love! I will be praying for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, that's a bummer. Praying hard for you two! Amazing that God is still working and giving you peace in all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How true you final statement is. And can't wait till your son is in his home! Praying for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is good even when it sucks. I love that you know that. I've started following you after reading about you on Kelsey's blog. I am praying for you guys and for Arthur.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying you can bring home your son soon. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I'm just a fellow believer who stumbled across your blog, and I have to say thank you for sharing about your faith and your son. :) My husband and I hope to begin the adoption journey in the next year or two, and I can only pray that God blesses us with the strength, as well as the willingness to rely on others during moments of weakness, with which He's so clearly blessed you both. Stay trusting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you have an alternative with our dating website for singles and seniors that are looking for someone to mingle with senior romantics have plenty of options to choose from because we have a growing list of senior dating and singles personal profiles.
    online free personals

    ReplyDelete