Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A LITTLE BALANCE

Did you see that dark cloud hanging over me all winter? Yuck! I'm so glad the sun is finally out and I can enjoy life again. ...ok, so maybe it wasn't only "winter blues". We've been chipping away at this adoption block for a while now and honestly... I'm tired! This thing has completely consumed me for the past year and I think it's time I gave myself some room.

A while back I had a really good chat with Aaron about how balance in parenting was important to us. We're going to love our kids and we're going to tend to their needs, but we don't want to forget about "us" and we don't want to forget about what our passions were before we had kids! It's so easy to get sucked into this world and this amazing adoption community, but I think I got a little lost and Aaron was kind enough to give me a gentle "nudge". I'm so thankful that I have a partner who's not afraid to call me out ;)


1 comment: