Friday, June 4, 2010

YOU ARE A MYSTERY

Today you are a mystery, little man. I wonder about you. I wonder what you'll be like, what you'll look like. I wonder where you are. What you're doing. The road to you is a long one but we're making progress everyday! I'm always trying to come up with a "rough estimate" of when you might be coming home. It normally goes something like this...

Say it takes us another month to finish and submit our dossier....
From what I can tell the average wait for a baby boy is about 9 months...
Then maybe our court date will be a couple months after that...
Another 6 weeks and your home

So by these calculations, we'll bring you home in July of 2011!

But I don't usually stop there. I like to make it interesting and try to guess how old you are.

Say, you're 5 months old at the time of referral (which would mean that you're in someone's belly RIGHT NOW!!) then we would be bringing you home at about 9 months old! Think of all the fun things you'll be learning!! Someday soon I'll get to know your name and see your face, but today you are a mystery.

1 comment: